Opportunities through sport and physical activity
Creating access to opportunities for sport and physical activity at a grassroots level that enable people across the UK who are physically, mentally, socially or economically disadvantaged to develop personal and life skills to fulfil their potential.
The Trustees welcome applications for physical activity initiatives that:
- Provide a focus for skills development and confidence building
- Have a strong training and/or educational theme
- Provide specialised sporting equipment or facilities required to open opportunities
- Have a high degree of involvement from beneficiaries and those with lived experience
- Have a plan for sustainability and seek to deliver a lasting legacy
Location: We accept applications for this programme from charities and CASCs throughout the United Kingdom.
Type of funding: We will consider applications for capital, revenue or project funding.
We provide two levels of funding:
Major grants: between £5,001 and £30,000
- All charities and CASCs seeking a major grant should apply to PHF directly.
Small grants: up to £5,000
- We prioritise applications from organisations with a turnover of up to £500,000
- Projects in Surrey - Surrey charities and CASCs seeking small grants should apply directly to the Community Foundation Surrey which manages these grants for PHF https://www.cfsurrey.org.uk/makeanapplication/. Any applications PHF receives for small grants in Surrey will be transferred to the Community Foundation Surrey.
- Projects anywhere else in the UK - Charities and CASCs seeking small grants for projects to be delivered outside of Surrey should apply to PHF directly.