WHO CAN APPLY?
The Foundation only accepts applications from organisations that are:
- registered in England and Wales with the Charity Commison
- registered in Scotland with the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR)
- registered in Northern Ireland with the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland (CCNI)
- a CASC (Community Amateur Sports Club)
We accept applications from local branches of national charities - but only if they have either a separate legal constitution or the endorsement of their national Head Office.
PLEASE NOTE: Charities will not normally be considered for a grant unless they have been registered with the Charity Commission for two years or more and have produced independently examined or audited accounts for at least one full year of operation (Community Amateur Sports Clubs must also have been operating for comparable periods).
Opportunities through Sport: Applications for this programme are accepted from charities and CASCs (Community Amateur Sports Clubs) throughout the United Kingdom.
Special Needs and Care for Children and Young People: Applications for this programme will only be accepted from charities in the South East of England, excluding London and Greater London. The beneficiaries must be in: Berkshire; Buckinghamshire; Hampshire; Isle of Wight; Kent; Oxfordshire; Surrey; East Sussex; and West Sussex.
Full details of all grant programmes can be found here
WE DO NOT FUND
- Requests for retrospective funding
- Activities that are primarily the responsibility of central or local government
- Exempt charities
- Overseas projects
- Adventure Challenges or expeditions in the UK or abroad
- Projects that are solely for the promotion of religion
Charities awarded a grant by the Foundation may not make another application for three years from the date of the last grant payment.
Charities whose applications are not successful may make another application after one year from the date of the previous rejection.