Positive futures for children and young people
Enhancing the lives of children and young people in the Southeast who are physically, mentally, or socially disadvantaged.
The Trustees welcome applications for initiatives in the Southeast that:
- Work with or benefit disabled, chronically or terminally ill children and provide support for their parents and carers
- Support children and young people who face mental ill health
- Help to engage children or young people at risk of crime, truancy or addiction
- Support young people at risk of homelessness or provide new opportunities for homeless young people
- Have a high degree of involvement from beneficiaries and those with lived experience
- Have a plan for sustainability and seek to deliver a lasting legacy
Location: Applications are only accepted from charities and CASCs meeting the needs of children and young people in the following counties: Berkshire; Buckinghamshire; Hampshire; Isle of Wight; Kent; Oxfordshire; Surrey; East Sussex; and West Sussex. We do not accept applications for projects delivered in London or Greater London.
Type of funding: We will consider applications for capital, revenue or project funding.
We provide two levels of funding:
Major grants: between £5,000 and £30,000
- All charities and CASCs seeking a major grant should apply to PHF directly.
Small grants: up to £5,000
- We prioritise applications from organisations with a turnover of up to £500,000
- Projects in Surrey - Surrey charities and CASCs seeking small grants should apply directly to the Community Foundation Surrey which manages these grants for PHF https://www.cfsurrey.org.uk/makeanapplication/. Any applications PHF receives for small grants in Surrey will be transferred to the Community Foundation Surrey.
- Projects anywhere else in the South East (excluding London & Greater London) - Charities and CASCs seeking small grants for projects to be delivered outside of Surrey should apply to PHF directly.